Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my friend recently told me that he had a male red devil that he no longer wanted. i went and picked him up yesterday. he is only about 5 inches long. in overall size he is only maybe a third of the size as my female. they are currently in my 55g together doing somewhat ok.......sort of. the male has to spend most, if not all of his time hiding from my female, which he does with pretty good success. my female will chase him if he ever tries to swim in the open water. he only has one or two very minor rips in his tail fin. what do you guys think i should do? i really was hoping for a mated pair of devils in the distant future. should i just sell him to my LFS? i really dont want a divided tank for however long it takes for him to catch up in size. could i add anything to dispurse aggression, or will that just raise more issues? thanks in advance, and i apologize for the long post.

·
Registered
6,001 Posts
Yep, unless you plan on getting at least a 6ft. tank in the very near future, you'd better get rid of the male. If you're not going to upgrade the 55gal you have, only the female will be okay in there long-term, by herself. Males get too big, and a pair definitely won't work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts