Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have 5 yellow labs and 1 syndonitis petriocola and really like to get something red or atleast with a bit of red and would really like any suggestions

·
Banned
2,109 Posts
Red Zebra but they will cross with the Labs.. No big deal if you don't intend on keeping them..

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Since you have labs you could mix in a male peacock if your tank is big enough. How big is it?

I can't vouch for the compatability of these with labs (I know nothing of peacocks) but I can vouch for them having some red:
Aulonocara "German Red"
Aulonocara (Rubescens)
Aulonocara jacobfreibergi "Eureka"

kevin

·
Registered
350 Posts
how about super ruby red peacock they should go fine with the yellow labs. if your tank is 55g 48"x13"x21" then i say go for the super rudy red peacock.

·
Registered
9,064 Posts
situation said:
Are the super ruby red hard to find
Not sure they even exist, never heard of the "super" before. The so called Red Peacocks are common but quality varies widely.

·
Registered
350 Posts
these are the parents of the super ruby red fry that i bought from someone. they are so known as Aulonocara (Rubescens).

here a pic of a super ruby red male.

here a pic of the female

·
Registered
33 Posts
I currently have five Aulonocara jacobfreibergi "Eureka red" cichlids with four yellow labs. They seem to get along very well and the eureka reds are pretty cool looking.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts