Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i rearranged and thought id ask what you guys think of it ... any tips/suggestions? the stones are cichlid stones not real rocks but they are a PITA to stack up so im not sure exactly what to do with them yet... already had one suggestion on laying a couple stones infront of the LEDS to hide the bulbs but let the light pass up the bubble curtain... right now in the tank i have 5 aceis 2 livingstonii 2 jewels a flavus and a pleco ... had to remove a few bigger mbuna last week because of aggression issues

lights on!

lights off

·
Registered
306 Posts
I have to agree the idea of covering the LED bulbs. I think it all looks great, if I had one suggestion it would be to have the stones in the back corner. It may just be the picture but it looks like they don't reach the back of the tank. Of course this is just a preference so it really comes down to what you like.

·
Registered
43 Posts
For me..... I would cover the leds and not stack the rocks so high. Spread them out a little more. I think the led light would look cooler if you couldn't see the actual source. Like indirect lighting.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im not arguing with you guys i appreciate the comments ... but i cant move the rocks to the back of the tank because of the filter tube hanging down i dont want to cover it up too much... and i have had them spread out along the bottom before and it really cuts down on the footprint/space for the fish to cruise the bottom

·
Registered
10,006 Posts
I agree with the others. Rocks are stacked too high and shouldn't be up front. Looks odd. The water will find a way around them very easily, so there's no reason to avoid putting them in front of the intake. Hide the LED's and spread out the rocks. You asked. :) Humor us and try it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts