Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
But *** had convicts before in my moms 120 gallon tank. They breed fast. But the tank is in the philippines. I live here in Cali now. Im thinking of having 2-3 kenyi's in my 20gallon. Why is it more difficult to care for a kenyi than a convict? *** had kenyis a long time ago and im fascinated with its behaviour specially at in the dark. Anybody out there please respond.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
why did you start a new thread?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Why would kenyi be pushing it. ARe they not smaller in size compared to convicts? Can they survive in a 20 gallon if i just have 4males ?

·
Registered
298 Posts
I think the Mods need to move this to the African cichlid discussion, or general aquaria.please.
But, uh, Kenyis as Africans get big, and 3 in a 20 gallon is waaaaaay to much they'd need a 75 at the least.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
I have an 84g long and it was not enough room for 3 male kenyi. A 20g would be a disaster. You will end up with just one. Even if the other 2 are female it would still end badly for them. It's just too small a tank for this zebra.

You may want to look into the dwarf cichlids such as Rams or maybe Apistos. If you want Africans I would suggest Tanganyika Shell Dwellers or possibly a small harem of Cynotilapia.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.