Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Although I should admit, my current lens isnt ideal for the job of aquarium shots. f/4 isnt really fast enough for my taste, and my 24-105L has too long of a minimum focal distance.

Here are some pics of my little guys growing. Tank has been running with fish for about a month, maybe 2. Only casualties were 2 of the original 16 cyps. The two that passed looked sickly and thin since day 1.

Cyprichromis Leptosoma "Blue Orchid" still coloring...

Tanganyikans 5.23.2011 by jprime84, on Flickr

Cyprichromis Leptosoma "Blue Orchid" either a different sex, different morph or Dave of www.davesfish.com sent me something not "Blue Orchid"

One of my young ragged looking Paracyprichromis Nigripinnis

Young Altolamprologus Chaitika

Yawning!

Chalinochromis Brichardi - love the subtle coloration

Thanks for looking!

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Hey Jeff,

Beautiful fish and great pics! I especially like the Chalinochromis brichardi. I have been "eye balling" those for awhile. Have you ever seen Estelle's Chalinochromis brichardi photos?

Russ

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Razzo said:
Hey Jeff,

Beautiful fish and great pics! I especially like the Chalinochromis brichardi. I have been "eye balling" those for awhile. Have you ever seen Estelle's Chalinochromis brichardi photos?

Russ
I have not! I was curious to see more pictures of what adults look like. Mine are barely 2 inches. I am having a hard time waiting for everything to grow up.

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
jprime84 said:
Razzo said:
Hey Jeff,

Russ
I have not! I was curious to see more pictures of what adults look like. Mine are barely 2 inches. I am having a hard time waiting for everything to grow up.
Look at all 5 pages as there are great photos through out. It is a french site, but don't worry, the pictures are in English :wink:

Enjoy...............

http://www.cichlidsforum.fr/-chalinochromis-brichardi-vt8767.html

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
TheFishFactory said:
:drooling: :drooling: those shots from Estelle are amazing.

I've just been given 11 fry and now I can't wait for them to grow up :fish:
Estelle's avatar picture on page two of that thread is the best photo I have seen of this species.

Russ

·
Registered
43 Posts
Razzo said:
TheFishFactory said:
:drooling: :drooling: those shots from Estelle are amazing.

I've just been given 11 fry and now I can't wait for them to grow up :fish:
Estelle's avatar picture on page two of that thread is the best photo I have seen of this species.

Russ
agreed :thumb:

although there aren't any I don't like =D>

·
Registered
948 Posts
Wow! :eek: Those are some awesome pictures! I just stocked some of these fish a couple weeks ago and am really excited to see them grow.

Wish I could read all the blah blah on that thread lol...

·
Registered
640 Posts
The photos are amazing ...

I love the one with the yawning Alto, by the way. I love watching fish yawn.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts