Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys and girls , *** seen plenty of cichlids advertised as F1 or G1 my - so how exactly does this rating system work, what constitutes an F1 fish , are there any other grades?
Terry :-?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi thanks for that - very interesting and clear article-
:thumb:
when fish become more inbred how does it affect their color and characteristics in general?

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Terrylen said:
Hi thanks for that - very interesting and clear article-
:thumb:
when fish become more inbred how does it affect their color and characteristics in general?
In general, it doesn't effect them.

·
Registered
158 Posts
It depends on the fish. Some look better as f2's. But all in all.............It depends mostly on the fish genetics. A good looking fish has good looking siblings. Ugly fish produce ugly siblings. The most important thing is selective breeding. Take the best looking male and use him to mate. Truth is....A ugly wild caught fish will produce ugly f1's. But you do have a better chance of getting good genetics from wild caught fish. Hope I didnt confuse you...lol

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No thats good to know ! - I bought my first fry from wild caught parents yesterday - labidochromis caerelious nkhata bay (white labs ) the parents are stunning too - cant wait for them to grow up :O) proud parent

1 - 7 of 7 Posts