Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My male rainbow cichlid just up and died on me out of nowhere. Him and my female just bred about 10 days ago and he was doing fine then all of a sudden yesterday I noticed that he was completely black, and I mean completely and swimming on his side and acting weird, then when I got home from work this morning he was dead. All the other in the tank seem fine and I tested my water and everything was fine, ph a little higher then normal but not bad. So what happened? I'm curious to why he died, and I'm very upset too. I loved my pair of rainbows, but hey I got about 100 fry swimming around in my tank now :D

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Ah, I'm sorry. I love my rainbows and would hate to lose one.

As for the 100 fry, IME, they only reach maturity if I intervene. But in my situation, the parents are not the sole tank inhabitants . . .

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well actually he never died, I thought he was dead but he was still breathing so I left him in the tank but for the last week or so all he has done is lay on his side and scoot around the tank. He seems to be getting better everyday. It's very weird but hoping he keeps getting better and pulls through whatever is wrong with him.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts