Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I'm wondering if I could put a rainbow cichlid in a 26 gallon tank with a few peacock gudgeons, 3synodontis lucipinnis, dwarf gourami,6 pseudomogil gertrudae and maybe even a golden wonder killifish?

·
Premium Member
4,658 Posts
Yes.
-
But, your 26 gallon aquarium is getting pretty full with fish. Maxing out the filtration system like that with the limits in bio-load the tank can hold, may end very badly for you if the electric power shuts off for more than a half day or so...
Could it be time for a larger aquarium?
Or, time for another aquarium?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I agree a larger tank would definitely be ideal but my parents will not allow me to get a larger one so I think I will trim the stock down I have decided to rehome the dwarf gourami because I heard they can get territorial especially if with something like a cichlid, as well as the golden wonder killi and the rainbow fish.

So I'd be left with 3 lucipinnis, 5 peacock gudgeons (I might consider selling a pair off if that would be best for the tank) a rainbow cichlid, and a few guppys that I am going to move into the tank so the rest can try and control the fry population, do you think this set up is more manageable?

·
Premium Member
4,658 Posts
No, reducing the stocking numbers in your tank like that, would work out great.
Sounds really good to me. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts