Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with this light on a 55 gallon tank? I want to have a bit of a shimmer effect, however I do not want to tank to be terribly bright. If not, does anyone know of any substitute that is not a DIY and gives a shimmer effect with not too bright of a lighting?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have 2 of these over a 75 gallon tank and am very pleased. They are not overly bright just a nice moon light effect. They are rather small so I was able to mount them between my twin T8 fluorescent tubes in a Home Depot shop light fixture mounted in my canopy. Just my .02

·
Registered
549 Posts
I have them on my 90 gallon reef tank and my 150 african tank. I like them. Nice blue light, not too bright. The fish have some different behaviors under this lighting that is interesting to watch. It shows off best when the room is dark. Not much point to running them in the day.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Haven't taken any pics. Maybe I'll do one tonight. Its not that bright so I don't know how it will com out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.