Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
656 Posts
OK, I'll buy that. :D I don't remember where, but I read that golds came from a few oddly colored specimens of the regular blue occies, and they were line bred for the hobby. This may not be true, but I can't find any pictures of the golds in the lake.

· Registered
11,921 Posts
shellies215 said:
OK, I'll buy that. :D I don't remember where, but I read that golds came from a few oddly colored specimens of the regular blue occies, and they were line bred for the hobby. This may not be true, but I can't find any pictures of the golds in the lake.
I've seen a ton of golds imported from wild... they are legit. Actually, two types of fish sold as "gold". Haven't seen any of the original golds for some time though.

· Registered
656 Posts
I am posting to correct myself, after some more research, I have found that golds occur in the wild at Nkamba Bay, Zambia. I read the line breed story on the internet somewhere, just proves there's plenty of bad information out there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.