Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! Everyone :)
I have some questions about Power Filter that used for hanging on the top of the tank. WHICH BRAND NAME is the BEST for 20 Gallons or 20 Gallons Long? I am planning to buy some for some of my Cichlids and some Corydoras tanks', but I really don't know WHICH BRAND NAME is the BEST, which work excellent job for my 20 Gallons or 20 Gallons Long. I know that EMPEROR 400 Marineland and EMPEROR 280 Marineland are GORGEOUS for bigger tanks that I am using for all my BIG tanks that make me really love this product so much, and I am using all my BIG tanks with EMPEROR 400 and EMPEROR 280. But, I really need to find an excellent Power Filter for my 20 Gallons tank or smaller ( 15 or 10 Gallons ), so WHICH BRAND NAME is the best for small tanks. Can someone help? I really need help. Thank you very much.
I am using PENGUIN BIO-WHEEL 100 Marineland for all my small tanks, but I don't really like it because it always stops without no reason, so I have to check it all the time and make it working again and again that make me don't really like of this product. On the other hand, EMPEROR 400 and EMPEROR 280 are so GORGEOUS Power Filter that never make me feel disappointed. They always run good, never stop, and always make my aqaurium tank very clean, BUT they are TOO strong for my small tanks, so I really need someone who knows an excellent Power Filter for all small tanks. It will be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards;
Bunthid or Max :)

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Aquaclear is my favorite and the best HOB imho. An AC 30 or 50 would be great for these tanks. You can find them online for a good price, most recomend to replace the charcoal with another one of their sponges.

Further, I cut the sponges in half and put them in(4 pieces due to 2 foam blocks). This makes them much easier to clean out.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I never have problems with the Marine Land hang ons! Maintenance them regularly and they are by far the best hang on. I say either those or the Eheims. I hear lots of people complain about the Marine Land hang ons but they never take care of the things.

IMO those are truly the best. I use mostly canister filters but for tanks where I need to go with a hang on I use either the Marine Land or Eheim.

·
Registered
769 Posts
8) Can't go wrong w/ A/C 20 or 30 for your sm. tank, 50 or 70 for medium duty & 110 for large applications. "T"

·
Registered
242 Posts
I have a emperor 400 on my tank but use it mostly for mechanical. I'd say the ac give you more of what you need as far as mechanical and biological for a tank with a single filter. Can't go wrong with either you can always customize media for the marineland filters. I've read a lot of people do it here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts