Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, so I am beginning to move my little fry into an adult tank in order to make room for more fry that i need to put in the tank for a soon to be momma fish in another tank... lots of moving around
Anyways, my bright idea was to take a piece of eggcrate and make it the size i want to make a divider, I also got some screen stuff to put on it, its made of vynl i believe. I plan to wrap the eggcrate piece wit the vynl screen (like what they put in windows and doors) and put it in the tank in order to seperate the adults and fry so they dont get eaten. My question is, is it safe to put this vynl screening in the aquarium, from what I can tell, there arent any chemicals put on the material and i asked both the sales clerk at the hardware store and someone from a local fish store and both say it should be fine... what is your advice? Has anyone else tried this?

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
I use it occasionally as a divider when fishing for sick/holding fish.
While it's not a permanent fixture of my tank, I haven't seen any negative effects from using it.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I made one similar in my 125 at one point but i used the small square plastic canvas and hot glue as the screen.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok, im just using it until my fry are big enough to join the adults... and im using fishing line to attach the screen to the eggcrate, and *** got some stones that will hold the screen in place...
thanks guys :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts