Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
My 75g tank is exactly 48.5 inches wide including the trim on bottom. And that's an all glass aquarium brand 75g tank.

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Ben. I'm using 1" x 4" (which is really ¾ x 3½) and was debating putting a top on the stand.
With the stand measuring 48½" wide, I should have â…›" to spare on the inside of each side after the tank sits. Assuming the trim is â…Â

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Any time. :thumb:

The last stand that I had mine on was one made by Aqueon and that sat on top of just the perimeter of wood that was only between 1/2 and 5/8 inch. It did seem to bow out after a little while of being on there.

I know my new stand in a bit overkill but it helps me sleep a little better at night and I dont have to worry at all with our little girl running up to it.

I feel that the 3/4" will be plenty wide enough for it to rest on it nicely all the way around.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Just finished building my stand last weekend for my 75 gal. Lenght 48.5", width 18.5. Double up 2x4 frame and at least 3/4 inch plywood on the top.... Nice and stable.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
That stand would be strong enough to build a house on top of it! Nice work on the finish :thumb: !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts