Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a pair of Ophthalmotilapia ventralis "Silver Streak" in my 75gallon tank. Male is 5inches, and female is 3.5inches. I currently have some (5) 2 inch female Hap. Ahlis with them. All my water parameters are fine...Seems like just the male isn't eating though? He does not seemed stressed, i mean he chases all the fish around and even attempts to breed with the female (already building sand nests)... Is there anything special as in food that I can feed this guy? I'm feeding NLS theraA, NLS cichlid formula, and 100% pure spirulina flakes. Please any comments would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
790 Posts
The food your feeding is great for them, as long as your not feeding to much of it. Try putting some frozen brine in the tank to see if he is eating at all. If hes not I would start putting some metro. powder in the tank just in case he has hexamita. <---- not sure if that's the right spelling.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the help. But can I ask what this metro powder is? Also where can I get it, and is that the full name of this medicine?

·
Super Moderator
40,517 Posts
Metronidazole. It is sold both as a separate medicine and as an ingredient in other medicines. I buy it separately.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I'm to late! Guess something was wrong! The male silver streak died this morning when I got up! :( I'm assuming that something was wrong with him, he just wasn't interested in the NLS i was offering!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts