Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This question is referring to the sticky which describes a method for curing bloat with Clout. It seems there will be no water change on the first three days. I have four adult tropheus in a 20g hospital tank I think this may be a problem even though there's no feeding. On top of that Clout will wipe out the beneficial bacteria. So my question is if there is any downside to doing a 50% change daily during the treatment? Or is it even better for the treatment?

Another question is why there's a one day gap before the final treatment? What is the rationale for that or is it pure empirical?

Thanks.

·
Registered
7,008 Posts
I don't know why there is a one day gap before the final treatment, zcfish. This remedy came from a member who had success with it and did others who followed it.

So my question is if there is any downside to doing a 50% change daily during the treatment?
It may be that by doing the water change during that you will be diluting the strength of the med. But I don't know. I will look into that.

I've long felt that one reason this bloat cure worked was because of the large water changes. Some feel that there is a free swimming stage to the flagellates that cause bloat so perhaps the water change removes significant numbers of them.

I think if you are using Clout in your main tank then you should start off with a partial water change and gravel siphoning.

Good luck in treating your fish
Robin

1 - 2 of 2 Posts