Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a jehmco LPH60 air pump which is rated between 35-50 outlets. I have 30 tanks and around 43 outlets, only 11 active atm. Loop is 64 foot around the top of my fish room. Biggest active drop is 7ft on my 75's. Jehmco says I should have no problem running this many tanks/air lines. Im using 1in PVC and its glued together. Metal air valves. My buddy had around 40ishft loop with the same air pump and didnt even have the loop glued and had several tanks going with no issues in pressure. He even had to turn some of the valves down. Same PVC size and valves.

I setup my system using his valves and pump and Im barely pushing air into my 75's, top or bottom tanks, doesnt matter. I have the valves fully open. I've tried turning off all valves and turning on the 75's 1 by 1 and they run fine then. Soon as I turn on my 20's, 5 of them closest to the air pump, the 75's lose massive air pressure and barely function. What else could I try?

·
Super Moderator
2,023 Posts
Are you running air stones? Sponge filters?

How deep is the air line outlet hose in the 75G tank? Do you find that if you lift the air output in the 75G tank that it functions better?

My fishroom is only 10ft x 12ft with 30B and 33L tanks plus some additional short 30G tanks about 15ft away and it was recommended by John at Jehmco to use 3/4" PVC (unglued) as my loop at the ceiling height. I did however run additional PVC pipe 'ladders' from the ceiling loop to above each tank level. The picture below should show the 'ladder' with the air valves.

Gas Bus Machine Technology Electrical wiring

I started with a LPH60 but once I added those 6 additional short 30G tanks, I had to upgrade to the LPH80. I'm not running air stones or traditional sponge filters but am using Swiss Tropicals mattenfilters with air lifts.

After the new year, I would call John at Jehmco and ask his opinion on what he thinks the issue is and how to fix it. I have a feeling that the 1 inch PVC is the problem because not enough pressure builds up in the pipe to maintain the air flow in the tanks.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Few updates. Firstly, air pump has been upgraded and DANG this thing is HUGE!
Technology Gas Machine Output device Font

Gadget Electrical wiring Electricity Cable Gas

Wood Lamp Gas Home appliance Kitchen appliance

This sucker is rocking now! Had to turn down the sponge filters and bleed off air with two open air vents. Was def a power issue with the LPH60 cause this thing powers those long drops like nothing and then some!

Noticed alot of flashing in every tank I have fish in now so going to dose each tank with Cupramine and slow down on feeding. The other tanks I had setup with no fish in will be drained, cleaned out, sanitized and possibly be repainted. I've seen a number of blue background tanks in person and on Facebook pages I'm strongly considering making the switch to blue backgrounds. Going to test on the 3 40g breeders that arent setup currently tonight. Color of choice is called Sea Frolic by Valspar but its really Carolina Tarheels blue lol. This with bare bottoms or white sand should make the tanks pop alot more.
Liquid Fluid Plastic bottle Bottle Paint

1 - 4 of 4 Posts