Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can u have a group of 5-6 in with a full grown silver arowana?

·
Registered
173 Posts
It might be possible JD lover. but only if there are alot of space for them to hide and get out of the way. Also depends on how the fish are. Some silver arowana might be to aggressive others not so much. My firemouth is calm as can be, barley every chases my acara or baby oscar. What size tank is the arowana going in or in?

·
Registered
1,389 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Like TFG said, arowana get ginormous so if you have a fully grown one, the firemouths are just going to look like tasty snacks.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They're all gonna b in a 300g tank and if I can't keep firemouth With the arowana what would be something I can keep with it?

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
FTA:

Arowanas tend to merge in groups of five to eight; any fewer may show an excess of dominance and aggression. Some compatible fish often partnered with this fish are clown knifefish, pacu, oscars, plecostomus, jaguar cichlids, green terrors, gar, siamese tigerfish (datnioides microlepis) and any other semi-aggressive fish that cannot fit in the arowana's mouth.

Australian species are best kept singular in aquaria

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arowana

These tanks look overstocked to me, but what do I know, at least they look cool

And here is where I found them, some good info here, but the OP on that thread seems like an impulse buyer. Arrowana, pike, and a front???

http://flowerhornrusforum.com/topic/8015632/1/

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dude that Guy had like 10 giant fish in a 55g!!!! I wouldn't take any of what he have in his tank to put in mine was hoppin id get so good size cichlid ideas that can't be eaten by the arowana lol thought a groupd of 5-6 fire mouth be good bt guess not lolany idea of which cichlid will b big enough?

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
That is the reason I have not owned and Aro yet. They need a lot of space.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.