Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I put all my fish in the big community 75 gallon and realized within a couple of days I had 2 females holding. So I separated one, and put her alone in the 40 gallon. Long story short she swallows her eggs. The orange one that is still in the community tank is still holding. Then when I got home tonight, I realized one of my yellow labs, which I thought were both males but aren't - she is holding. So my question is..... do you think I shoukd separate the holding female in the 40? I will put a separator in there. I just am wondering if the one that swallowed hers was kinda lonely and hungry?? I know that's probably crazy. Do I leave the two that are holding in the community tank and just see what happens?? I don't intend on selling any of the babies because I have no clue who daddy is. I just want to see what they look like and see if I can be successful in raising them!

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
My yellow labs always held eggs well so I left them in the main tank and stripped out the fry at 3 weeks. If you are not raising fry they can spit the fry out at 4 weeks on their own in the main tank.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts