Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How would you expect a 125g setup with only multis and julies to play out? I am thinking shells all long the front wall and rock piles stacked along the back wall.

Just considering future tanks considering I have an extra 6ft stand and most of the equipment :)

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I figured one of the smaller species to avoid any deaths.

I'm wondering if it would play out like I think it would. I can see a massive multi colony in the shell bed and a large julie colony in the rocks with constant skirmishes as the julies try to snack on multi fry. Lol I may be way off.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
I think you'd see less fighting/skirmishing than you're imagining. They'll each have a huge territory and probably won't feel the need to encroach on one another too much. I agree that you're wasting a large potential of that tank, though, with no open water swimmers.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Instead of splitting the tank in half by territories, why not go in vertical strips? Shells/rocks/shells/rocks this way creating more territory for the julies. I would think with one large strip of rocks in the back each julie pair would take up more territory than it really normally needs and the territories would overlap, causing more fighting within the species than fighting between julies and multies.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not really interested in open water swimmers, cyps seem boring to be honest.

The vertical territories would be interesting if it worked out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts