Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an opportunity to get some unsexed juvies of these guys. Never kept them. Has anyone kept them before or have any info about them? I know they get to 7-8" range. In nature, they travel behind sandsifters and eat what they put into the water column. The tank they could go in would be a 114g tank (5 ft). They is a trio of phenos I'm growing out, 1 albino taiwan reef male, and 1 Copadichromis melas male in there.

·
Registered
5,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I take it no one. So be it. I'd never even heard of this species until I saw the ad. Thought I'd ask.

·
Registered
929 Posts
I haven't heard of them either.

But I see a lot of this fish online. To me, they look similar to a Placidochromis Phenochilus.. the vaients without the marbling... or one of the darker P. Electra varients. He also reminds me of a C. Moori without the hump...

I read online that they a member of the "blue" sand dwellers, similar to C. Moori.

Unless they're priced right or you have a very nice specimen, you just have too many other cool blue options. I would hesitate to buy this fish, but what the heck do I know?
Let us know what you decided.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts