Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pulled a peacock that has come down with bloat yesterday as soon as I noticed. He was placed in a 10 gallon qt tank and that was day one of the bloat treatment as listed here. I've sucessefuly implemented the treatment in the past, but there is a bit of a twist this time around. On Day 5, i will be leaving for a week's vacation. Possibly day 6 or 7 depending on scheduling. Day 5 says to do nothing and I would ordinarily start light feeding on day 6. The feeding from day 6 and on is no problem as I have someone coming by to feed. But I would not be able to do any water changes after day 5. Will this be okay to leave the water changes out for a week beyond day 5? Day 4 would be the last water change, and then around 8 days without. Suggestions?

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
I suggest throwing in one extra water change before you leave, even if that means just a few hours after the last water change. Pre-measure the food for that tank so that your fish-helper does not overfeed. Feed very sparingly, as you won't be there to judge the fish's condition.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts