Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a 75 gallon aquarium setup with two vc-10 cichlids, 2 peacock cichlids, 2 giraffe cichlids and 1 peacock bass. The bass got ick spots all over him so I started treating it with the API super ick cure medication. I removed all the carbon from the filters and left them run to circulate the water. When I added the medication to the water it turned blue. Within a couple hours the water was clear again. Is this normal? My bass looks terrible. It keeps its fins clamped to its sides and they are all tore up too. The other fish all look like there may be some kind of film on them too. I have had all these fish less than two weeks and dont want to lose them all. Please help. Ill try to post some pictures in a bit.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Yes the water changing color and then clearing up is normal for Ick meds. Also try turning up your heat slowly to around 83 or so as this will speed up the life cycle of the ick. You can kill it while its on the fish, only once it falls off and is in the free swimming stage. So vac your tank real good to get all that you can on so they dont find a new host on you.

In the library there is some good articles on there.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts