Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the middle of my 180g set-up and am buiding a wet/dry sump with a 1200g (4000 ltr) actually about 900g/h at the 4' head pump returning to through a UGJ system of 3/4" pipe with 6 nozzels. My question is instead of a siphon break hole just under the surface is there a reason I couldn't put a "T" and add another nozzel just under the surace to get more surface aggitation and also provide a siphone break in power outages?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wonder if the old "Path of least resistance" will send the majority of the water through the nozzel at the surface instead of pumping it through the rest of the UGJ system. I crimped that one at the top the most of all the nozzels, nearly closed in the center, to try and help. Once I get it set up, if it doesn't work I suppose I could remove the nozzel and put in a spray bar, or remove the "T" and replace the pipe with one a little longer that has a hole drilled in for a break point.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.