Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys so here's what I'm asking, I have four pumps on my 110 gallon high tank. Two which are penguine 350's HOB and two Rena xp2's. One of the HOB's just died and I wanted your thoughts as far as replacing both hobs with one or two more canisters or just Getting rid of the hobs and just run my two existing xp2's? My only concern is having enough filtration still and having enough water agitation with just the 2 canister filters. Keep in mind that all my filters are behind my diy background. What would you guys do?

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
We use HOB's and cans combined on some of our tanks, thing is not the same make as yours so I have no experience on performance comparisons or what will work with your background.

Try to keep it simple and use the same type of HOB's, pumps and cans on your tanks. Keeps the spare parts list easier to control.

I tend to overfiltrate so using two filters types to me is not a bad choice.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Set your cans up a little more BIO and your 2 hob's Mechanical. Get a new 350 and do some DIY mechanical filtration pads. Change them weekly and your cans clean them every 6 months. Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts