Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed on a couple different tanks I have that the filter and pump placement seem to change my fish's behavior. I have double filtration on all my tanks (hang on back and canister). They are drawing a suction from each side of tank, as well as discharging to each side of tank. I also have a Koralia pump to help with water movement.

I had the pump at the top to help with surface water movement, but figured it would be better served towards the bottom to help blow some of the waste into filter intakes. My fish seem to be happier with this arrangement. Your thoughts? Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
turbos73 said:
I had the pump at the top to help with surface water movement, but figured it would be better served towards the bottom to help blow some of the waste into filter intakes. My fish seem to be happier with this arrangement.
I'm in the process of setting up a tank and considering the same issue. How can you tell your fish like it better this way?

·
Registered
464 Posts
I'm curious to hear other opinions on this. I have been doing trial and error for quite some time and still have mine towards the top of the tank on the left side opposite of my spray bar. I do notice however that the bottom doesn't stay as clean as it should so that would indicated not enough circulation towards the bottom. I may consider moving mine down low to see if this helps kick up the bottom..

I will wait and see what others have found to work best.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts