Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has kept this species. I picked-up five from my LFS. The male is about 3 and half inches in length. He has a dark blue overall background color with 3-4 black vertical stripes that don't reach all the way to the somach. The females range from 2 1/4 to 2 1/2 inches and are yellowish-orangish color with large dark blotches running the length of the body hortizontally. This is the first time I've kept P. williamsi. :thumb:

·
Registered
198 Posts
This is the first that I have heard of this type of Williamsi in the States.
The Red Tops that have been collected in the past have come from Nakantenga Island.
I have been breeding Ps Williamsi North Makonde for quiet a while...

Definitely the best Mbuna I have ever kept. Easy to feed, they eat everything and anything and absolutely beautiful.

Definitely get some pictures up, as I have seen pictures of the Red Tops only on the internet.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Fischfan13 said:
This is the first that I have heard of this type of Williamsi in the States.
The Red Tops that have been collected in the past have come from Nakantenga Island.
I have been breeding Ps Williamsi North Makonde for quiet a while...

Definitely the best Mbuna I have ever kept. Easy to feed, they eat everything and anything and absolutely beautiful.

Definitely get some pictures up, as I have seen pictures of the Red Tops only on the internet.
I just picked up a couple of juveniles of these, yours look great! :thumb:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts