Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been looking to purchase a "group" of this beautiful fish for some time now. The issue is i would be adding to a 90 gallon species tank which currently houses 3 Mbuna species (Yello Lab, Purple Acei, & Marmalade Fullerboni). I guess my broad question is: if you know the WILLIAMSI, what would you do? Should i pull the trigger, what is your suggestion for ratio between male and females. And overall, i'd enjoy some thoughts on this fish in general.

·
Super Moderator
40,501 Posts
What are the ratios of the other fish? Four species can work with 1m:4f of each but you may want more females than that for both your williamsi and your fuelleborni.

·
Registered
767 Posts
I think the williamsi would be a great addition to your tank. I'd go 1m/4fm. I would think the acei to be the weak link in the tank, not saying they won't work.
Our williamsi males grow to about 7.5" to almost 8". Our fuelleborni grow to 6.5"to 7". We keep both together with yellow labs and all has been good.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks much for your insight Gentlemen. I feel much better about purchasing a colony of Blue Lips with current tank mates. Now the search ensues for a stunning group to purchase.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts