Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not posted for awhile so I thought I would share a couple of recent pics of my newer tank inhabitants.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
John17 said:
Nice looking fish all brightly colored. How big are the auratus?
Thanks for the compliment. Everybody is still small as I started the tank with all juvenile fish. The auratus are about 2". I have 2 of them, one male and one female. I'm considering adding a few more females. The male is already colored up and pestering the female :D

·
Registered
43 Posts
FishyOne said:
John17 said:
Nice looking fish all brightly colored. How big are the auratus?
Thanks for the compliment. Everybody is still small as I started the tank with all juvenile fish. The auratus are about 2". I have 2 of them, one male and one female. I'm considering adding a few more females. The male is already colored up and pestering the female :D
Auratus are my favorite fish I have 4 at about 1-2 inches hopefully one turns out to be a male.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi FishyOne,
This is now 4 years after your post but I hope you or somebody can help me here. What is the species of the fish in the 5th photo down, the pale grey/brown with vertical stripes. I have an unidentified female who looks just like this, she's definitely female since she's just had some babies, but I don't know who the father is ! I live in Malaysia and its very difficult to find anything other than juvenile unspecified mixed cichlids so sometimes you just have to take a guess when buying and see if it works out.

·
Super Moderator
40,501 Posts
I'd say another pic of the chailosi and the color is probably yellow, not brown. Same pic as the avatar for FishyOne.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Do you think its a female chailosi ? it doesn't have the black face of the male chailosi. Its extremely similar to mine in coloration, horizontal bands on head, vertical strikes on flanks, black edged ventral fins. If it is a female chailosi is it likely to cross breed with what I think is a pseudotropheus interruptus (but could be a johanni or even a maingano)?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts