Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How can we distinguish between Pseudotropheus saulosi juveniles and Yellow Lab juveniles? I have read they both are Yellow in color?

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Yellow Labs will have black on dorsal, at the very least. It might be faint, but it should be there. If not, they're either a hybrid YL or not a YL at all.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks rice burner...

a pic of saulosi will greatly help...

·
Registered
78 Posts

A few months ago I recived my group of saulosi and there was one odd ball. He had more of a pointed nose and was more metallic yellow. I now know for sure he is an electric yellow. Here is a picture of a few of my salousi. Notice the more rounded nose.

·
Registered
38 Posts
A few months ago I recived my group of saulosi and there was one odd ball. He had more of a pointed nose and was more metallic yellow. I now know for sure he is an electric yellow. Here is a picture of a few of my salousi. Notice the more rounded nose.
i think the same thing just happened to me. and hes just as you said, has more of a pointed nose and is more metallic yellow. he is certainly different than the others. he also has some black on the dorsal. i got to get some pics and post them here and see what the experts say.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
alexlee04 and taxxara the pics will surely help...

·
Registered
38 Posts
sorry it took so long to get the pics but i was extremely busy..

anyways here are the pics..

I am sure you can spot the odd one out in all of the pics.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Tax looks like you got yourself a stow away. That's definitely a yellow lab juvie.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I called the lfs today about the "stow away" and they accepted to take it back and give me the money back. Now i need to find the time to catch that thing..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.