Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

i have question abouth Pseudotropheus Saulosi. If i know it exist two color variant normal-yellow and coral red.
So can i put both variant in one tank? It will work together? I know about problem of hybryds (this problem i will solve one male of Sciaenochromis fryeri) but will be problem about agresi or something else or will be fine?

Because i think it will be look nice yellow/orange/blue and it is same species with two color variant of female

thank you for your request

·
Super Moderator
40,718 Posts
The males will fight...so you would still want to stock 1m:5f across both varieties. I don't think the contrast between the two varieties will be enough to enjoy the combination, but that is personal preference. Photos will emphasize the "coral". You might try to see them in person first.

·
Registered
9,100 Posts
The "Coral" may be hybrids, or are of dubious origin, and probably vary alot. They are not a natural or fixed variant. The idea of having both as separate variants is a questionable idea. You could mix them, but you probably will not be terribly impressed. Males would compete with each other. The Coral males turn black and blue but seem to have broken bars.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts