Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I recently added a young elongatus to my mixed mbuna tank. I bought him as mostly black with small but striking light blue markings. The next morning I couldnt find him! He was not black anymore, but solid light blue, is he now like passive or something?? I have a huge red-top zebra that is the ruler of the kingdom. He is the alpha male, and the alpha female is also an elongatus who is solid yellow. I plan on adding quite a few more (polits most likely)- should I bet on all of them turning into their passive colors? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
I would like to see some photo of the fish you talking about :)

The elongatus may either be female or just feeling a little bit vulnerable. What species if Elongatus is he?

Give it some time to settle and grow and he may come good

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok, lets see, im adding all this stuff to "my tanks" and i will have pics up friday when i have more time, but in a 110 gallon I have:

1 large red-top Zebra alpha male
1 large M. Johanni female
2 medium 1/2 lab, 1/2 zebra
1 small pseudo. elongatus demasoni ( the fishie in question)
1 large clown loach

The store i got him from does sometimes mis-label the genus and species, but I dont have a lot of options locally : (
if you like i can email you the pics of the tank, untill i get a good panoramic pic less than 256 mb's. Thanks for your help everybody!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts