Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pseudotropheus Demasoni (Holding) quick video :)

What do you guys think of my male Cynotilapia Afra (Cobue)? He's about 7 months now and a good 3.5" do you think he will colour up more?

Thanks for watching :popcorn:

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
your orange back looks pretty good ,does he have any females in there with him,his back is a little yellow,maybe its the lighting?still a nice looking fishI,ve also heard that they dont color to their full potential with other blue barred mbuna,maybe doesnt apply with your dems ,since they have black bars?
subscribed :thumb:

·
Registered
256 Posts
3.5" at 7 months??? :eek: Mine weren't half that size at 7 months! They did fine in with Dems and Labs, but I had 2M:5F. I would definitely get yours some females to get him at full color, and not give him a reason to mess with the dems. I took mine out to get something with more contrast, and wish I had had room to keep them...still miss them a year later!

·
Premium Member
3,013 Posts
Nice looking male. He looks to be about fully colored, but maybe if you add some females for him he may brighten up even more. Either way, I'd add females to reduce the chance that he crossbreeds with the other species in the tank.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Kanorin said:
Nice looking male. He looks to be about fully colored, but maybe if you add some females for him he may brighten up even more. Either way, I'd add females to reduce the chance that he crossbreeds with the other species in the tank.
On it like beans on toast :thumb:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts