Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think the psdemasoni are beautiful. I'd like to add one to my tank. Are these fish as bad as some are saying? Based on the fish I have in my signature which ones would be the most vulnerable to the psdemasoni's agression? In other words which one would you get rid of in favor of the psdemasoni?

·
Super Moderator
40,502 Posts
I would swap the peacock for the demasoni.

·
Registered
9,068 Posts
the Ps stands for genus Pseudotropheus, full name Pseudotropheus demasoni... thou the more current name is Chindongo demasoni

If you have one Demasoni, should be fine. Many of your other fish can cause more havoc. How many fish do you have total?

Do you know what your "peacock" cichlid is? One of the cross genera hybrids will be okay, but a pure Aulonocara may not do well with this group.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have 7 in total (should be in my signature). My paacock looks like its a Pale Usisya aulonocara

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a single Demasoni. He will spend the rest of his life in my sump. That fish will kill about anything. Depends on the individual fish, some are going to be more aggressive than others. Hopefully, you'll find a better mannered one than mine.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I've had single Demasoni in community Mbuna tanks and they do fine and I've had them be bullies at times. I have found that they get along better with other species than they do with them selves, but, I have a Demasoni species tank with 15 fish (3 males and 12 females). There was originally 21 fish but I had to remove 2 males and 4 females over time due to them being butt heads. The ones I removed are now in a 40 gallon breeder in my bedroom and doing fine together...go figure...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts