Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We picked up a trio of these this weekend!

I can't find alot of info on them, so would be thrilled to see any pics or hear any experiences you have had with these.

My husband is making fun of me because he thinks they are kind of "drab", so I'm hoping as they grow they will prove him wrong! Their father is absolutely spectacular looking!

Thanks for looking!

Kim

·
Registered
102 Posts
Absolutely stunning!
I really like them a lot! And I`m sorry I haven`t seen them in my country until now:(
So, congratulations and good luck forwards!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This was the first time I had ever seen them here, as well! The male is showing some really nice colour, even more so with every day. I will post some updated pics of them once they are really settled in!

Thanks!

Kim

·
Registered
102 Posts
I looked at some pictures of these guys in internet as grown. I like malawians just like them! I mean fish, which are not so colourful by birth. That`s why I like them, hongi and daktari as well. They all are so individual coloured..
I`ll try to find way to get some of them! :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi Kim,
How did those flamebacks work out? I have heard they are viscious, what have you tried keeping them with? I'm thinking about giving them a try. Have any observations on them you can share?

·
Registered
721 Posts
Those are some nice fish..... I like the 3rd. pic. best--yellow with light blue, turning out nicely.! 8)

·
Super Moderator
40,491 Posts
Cichlidaholic, that was a long time ago. I have read more recent posts of yours advising that they are very aggressive, I think I was considering acquiring them. From your pictures they remind me a little of the Tang Lamprologus Caudopunctatus...so I'm glad I got them instead (not mixed with Malawi of course).

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They turned out to be some beautiful fish, but unfortunately, their personality didn't match their looks! I got rid of them several months ago!

·
Registered
34 Posts
If anybody wants some more, I have 6 of them that you can come to my house in Illinois and pick up for free. The dominant male is beautiful, but a pain in the ***. Everytime another male gets close to his size, there's a major rumble. I've had to start getting rid of them 1 at a time.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Wow. Sorry to hear they are such an aggressive fish. I was considering them for a larger tank I'll eventually set up with some milder Mbuna. Perhaps the profile here should be changed to reflect the experiences of those that have kept them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts