Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
4,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a chance today to take pictures of some of prov356's tanks. One photo session can only reveal the tip of the iceberg, and the following images are from only 3 of Tim's countless awesome setups. Anyhow, I didn't want to be the only one drooling over Tim's fish :drooling:

















 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,545 Posts
Very nice.

Tim has amazing setups and even better stocking. He is a great asset to this forum.

Thanks for sharing them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
Awesome, thanks for sharing Frank, they are gorgeous! Lucky you, you get to see them in the flesh :popcorn:

Any chance you could list the species for a tang noob like me?

I think I recognize paracyps, enants, Xeno's?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,006 Posts
That's correct, in the pics you can see p. nigripinnis, x. sima, p. famula, e. melanogenys. p. brieni.

The amazing thing here really is that Frank also showed me how to set some things on my camera, so that I can actually take a decent picture now. If you're camera dumb like me, talk to Frank, he can help. :thumb:

We only worked with four of my tanks, and only got some of the fish, so I'll probaby be driving everyone crazy with new pics for a while. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
173 Posts
=D> That is fine with me. Everyone needs to be driven crazy by goodness on occasion. I will just sit back and :popcorn: while one flies over the cuckoos nest. :wink:

Les
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,054 Posts
Very nice! Beautiful fish and great pics :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,006 Posts
Just noticed that you got a shot of the holding female, p. brieni Frank. We'll see if these fry survive in that tank just like the p. nigripinnis.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,054 Posts
Do you have any full tank shots of the Enantiopus tanks(s)?

Thanks,
Russ
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,006 Posts
Razzo said:
Do you have any full tank shots of the Enantiopus tanks(s)?

Thanks,
Russ
I can get some now that I won't be embarrased about showing them. :) I had resorted to only doing video because my picture taking abilitly was so bad.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
4,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'll say that getting a good full tank shot of Tim's setups isn't easy. Tim builds the tanks himself, and they are a non-standard size tailored to his fish room. Most of the Tanganyikan tanks are 6' long but very low, which is perfect for the fish, but a wide an narrow image like that doesn't look impressive when posted in a thread. Also, there is limited space between the tanks, and you might need a wider lens than Tim has to get the full tank in the frame. We didn't try that, but I might have to take my EFs 10-22mm next time I visit :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,006 Posts
Were you just looking for tank layout, Russ, or full shot of all enants displaying, etc? The latter would be difficult, agreed, but I'd give it a go. I do have a shot of when I first set it up before fish. You can see where a shot like this isn't going to show the fish very well. The other issue is that as soon as they see me, they think it's dinner time.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,054 Posts
fmueller said:
I'll say that getting a good full tank shot of Tim's setups isn't easy. Tim builds the tanks himself, and they are a non-standard size tailored to his fish room. Most of the Tanganyikan tanks are 6' long but very low, which is perfect for the fish, but a wide an narrow image like that doesn't look impressive when posted in a thread. Also, there is limited space between the tanks, and you might need a wider lens than Tim has to get the full tank in the frame. We didn't try that, but I might have to take my EFs 10-22mm next time I visit :wink:
I am doing an Enantiopus tank and am looking for aquascape ideas.

If possible, could you e-mail me an unedited full tank image and I can then zoom in on the different parts of the image?

Thanks,
Russ
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,054 Posts
prov356 said:
Were you just looking for tank layout, Russ, or full shot of all enants displaying, etc? The latter would be difficult, agreed, but I'd give it a go. I do have a shot of when I first set it up before fish. You can see where a shot like this isn't going to show the fish very well. The other issue is that as soon as they see me, they think it's dinner time.

That's perfect! Thanks.

I've got a new group going into a 72 gallon bow front tank. Of course, most of the foot print will be open sand areas. I was just curious how other people introduced some extra aquascape. I see you used some rocks along the back. I might introduce some rocks, not as much, and use some large attractive shells scattered in a couple spots (half bureid) to mimic a sandy beach.

Thanks again,
Russ
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,006 Posts
I added the rocks for the p. brieni. All enants are interested in is open sand. If you leave them with 12" or so, they'll do fine with that, as that's all mine have. Tank is 72x16x16. So, you should be able to add the rock piles just fine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
158 Posts
They think they are being fed....lol. That is a problem. Well I for one also enjoy the small shots of fish and the closeups.......So show that good footage. He took some great pics.
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top