Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well im trying to get some more information outta you guys. need to know what kinda diet my fish require. *** read that the steveni reef in the wild have an all algae or mostly algae diet. i have them mixed with mbuna (yellow labs) for this reason. please let me know if this diet scheme will work (i give mysis 3-4 times monthly as a treat) also the only food i can really get my tangs to eat is my omega one algae grazers diet.. lol (it has whole salmon and other fish meals) so just wondering if that is alright as well. :) thx guys for your time

·
Registered
23 Posts
That sounds good to me. I give my fish mysis a few times a month, along with NLS cichlid, spirulina flakes and Sera algae grazer pellets.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mkay so algae is the way to go?.. wat does everyone else think? even my LFS was wondering why i would think that these guys need algae..

·
Super Moderator
40,520 Posts
Agree, NLS Cichlid Formula takes out all the guesswork.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I like ordering food from Red Zebra Aquatics. Grow Baby Grow food or others to choose from, I like the rainbow stampede also. They have food with spiralina also, check them out.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I wouldnt keep a T reef with rambunctious mbunas. Its a very timid fish, might not show his color much.
I would hardly call yellow labs rambunctious. P. Steveni can hold their own with mild Mbuna.

·
Registered
929 Posts
NLS (new life spectrum).

If there is a negative, the protein is a bit low for fast groth of large preditors, but on the other hand, that low protien and spirulina content help keep the more sensitive fish from bloating.

I've said this before, Dainichi is a better food, but they're all specialized and not an all purpose food. NLS is amazing in that it is ALMOST as good as Dainichi, but you have one food for all your fish! I buy it it tubs! Good for your regular freshwater tetras/barbs/rainbowfish etc too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts