Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much 2mm pellets would you feed 20 Malawi Cichlids that measure between 3" & 5". I am currently feeding 1/4 teaspoon per day.
How much are you feeding I'd like to compare notes.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
641 Posts
For my 24 mbuna (3"-4") in my 180gal I feed one & a half tablespoons of Northfin Veggie 2mm pellets once per day. To the 13 Frontosa (4"-8") + 10 haps & peacocks (~5") in my 450gal, I feed about one tablespoon of Northfin Cichlid Food 3mm once a day.

For their first 3 weeks I fed alot less, about what you are feeding. Then I gradually increased.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Mudkicker1 said:
How much 2mm pellets would you feed 20 Malawi Cichlids that measure between 3" & 5". I am currently feeding 1/4 teaspoon per day.
How much are you feeding I'd like to compare notes.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
I've never actually measured; I feed all of my aquariums as much as the fish can consume in about a minute, no matter what type of food. I also use a combination of floating and sinking pellets for my Mbuna as some fish seem to prefer one to the other.

·
Super Moderator
40,501 Posts
My amount is closer to what mudkicker feeds. But 1mm pellets so maybe more fit in 1/4 teaspoon.

You also have to measure how fast nitrates increase and how much sludge is in your filter when you clean and how much algae. Feeding less reduces all of the above. The extra food will break down, does not necessarily go to nourishing the fish.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts