Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my fish are stingy as **** when it comes to eating. I'm trying to get them on pellets but can't really find anything they like. I've tried hikari, omega one, wardly, nls, and kensfish brand. Floating, sinking it doesn't matter. They eat it for a day or two then just quit. They all love flakes and frozen food though, they'll go to town on them. I would like to get them trained on pellets, especially my 75g with my jag and jacks. The only pellet they really liked is the hikari bio fold but that stuff is pretty spendy. But I guess if they won't eat other pellets then I'll fork out the dough for the bio gold. Other then my green terror the rest of my fish are small enough species I can probably stick with flakes, they're just messy. Please if anyone has any advice for me pleae share, I've spent so much money lately on foods and now I have a ton of it that probably won't get eaten. I've tried starving them for days and that don't help either.

·
Registered
228 Posts
i had the same problem with my oscars they would eat a food for a few then stop

basicly what i did was end up with like 12 different foods and switched every few days haha.....

i began using alot of veggies like peas cucumber as well

·
Registered
180 Posts
Everyone of my fish will eat the Hikari Sinking Cichlid Gold. If you buy the mini pellets in the 2lb bag its not so bad, especially if you wait and buy it on sale. My full grown oscar still tries to get as many of the mini pellets as she can, even though she gets the Biogold daily..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts