Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not lost any cichlids for quite a while, but I keep losing Plecos in 2 of my tanks. I my main tank (75 gal) which is filled with mostly Mbuna I have lost probably 5 or 6 plecos over the past 6-9 months. And I have lost 2 in a relatively new 55 gal (3 months) that is a species tank (Pundamillia N. Ruti Island) but they are all still under 1 inch. I may be able to chalk up the losses in the main tank to aggression (though I never see it, and they don't look beat up after I find them dead), but I can't understand the newer tank with the fry. There is quite a bit of algae in the newer tank, can they die from overeating? I am just a little confused about why they keep dying. Any ideas?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They have all been small (2-4 inches). I don't mind buying more as they are only $3-4, but I hate killing a fish and going through the trouble of taking him out and going to get another one.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have never had problems with my african tank and about an 8 inch long plecos. He holds his own and will fight occasionally with the other fish. Your babies are probably just getting beat up on :fish:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.