Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope someone can help me figure out what is happening, cause the day isn't starting out very well...

Yesterday I cleaned my EHEIM2260, rinsing the biomedia in discarded tank water and washing the mechanical filtration with a hose. I also rinsed my Seachem Purigen in bleach according to instructions. I added a quick-connect to the input hose, and set everything back in the tank.

The problem is with the output (debit): it is very poor, at best! Could the quick-connect have done that? I added a powerhead (EHEIM aquabal) and its output is stronger than that of the filter!!! And it's supposed to be a 650gallons/hour output...

I already lost 3 baby Cyps and I'm on my way to loosing a fourth one, they were in a glass separator in the tank. I moved the separator closer to the output of the filter to give them some current, but I have to igure something out pretty quick for my other fish are valuable and I'm afraid to loose them...

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Deeda for your reply, I found the issue: the Purigen bag was jamming the output hole inside the filter. I placed it elsewhere. I feel like a fool, causing the death of 3 fry, maybe 4, for a stupid mistake a child wouldn't have done...

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
kitana8 said:
Thanks Deeda for your reply, I found the issue: the Purigen bag was jamming the output hole inside the filter. I placed it elsewhere. I feel like a fool, causing the death of 3 fry, maybe 4, for a stupid mistake a child wouldn't have done...
Dont worry about, no one here is perfect. Beside now you will know for sure where not to put the purigen in your canister. This is how we all learn! :thumb:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
xxbenjamminxx said:
Dont worry about, no one here is perfect. Beside now you will know for sure where not to put the purigen in your canister. This is how we all learn! :thumb:
LOL thanks for the laugh I needed it!

·
Super Moderator
1,837 Posts
It happens to the best of us. Just remember that all media needs to be placed between the bottom and top lattice screen for the filter to operate properly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts