Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a fungal outbreak in my tank, and picked up some Primafix (the fungal counterpart of melafix) which was the only fungal medicine at the only pet store in my area that's open after 8:00.

Does anyone have any info on it's effectiveness?

Also the instructions say add 5 ml per 10 gallons, dose daily, and do a 25% water change after 7 days.

so to be clear I am adding 60 ml per day for 7 days to my 125 gallon tank? and I am not doing any water changes until day 7, so by the end I will have put 420 ml of this stuff in my tank or about 2 of the larger size bottels?

thanks for any info

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
GTZ said:
Haven't had the need to use it mself. What was the cause of the fungal outbreak? Add any wood recently?
thanks for the reply, I have a post in the illness section about my fish so I don't want to repeat the post (I know that's frowned upon here).

I was looking for some feedback on aquarium supplies - a product called pimafix - so I posted in the Equipment & Supplies section for info.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
I use Pimafix as one of my main meds. I find it works at a price that is less than the cost of the fish! I believe you will find it is one that does little harm. I would never try it in that large of tank however. Any chance of A QT tank for treatment and isolating fish? I've used it on new rainbow cichlids after an ich outbreak and when some were injured as well as dither fish who had been beat up . All seemed to survive and recover better than expected. I am not normally a big fan of medicines as it seems I never found the correct med for the current problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts