Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering what a good price on the demasoni would be our LFS has them and their the only ones in town selling them for 26$ a piece so just wanna make sure before I look any further for them!

·
Registered
162 Posts
It depends on the size and what part of the country you are in, but that seems alittle expensive even for a LFS. I had to stop by the LFS here today and they had them for $15 although they were maybe 1.5".

·
Registered
179 Posts
we pay 0ver 30 dollars for them here in norway :-(

·
Registered
452 Posts
Last auction I went to they were selling for $20 - $30 per bag of 6 juvies. I guess it depends on who's breeding them in your area.... supply and demand.
26.00/ea is high

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Ya a little high. Only 9.99 to 14.99 here at a lfs. Breeders are usually around 4-5 each for 1.5 inch fish up here.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
It varies a lot from shop to shop here. As stated, price is not set in stone or by cost. It is set by what price you will pay. One of those things we are told in school. We are told prices are set by what it costs to make a product so your wages have to be kept low. Wonder why businsess would tell us that?? LOL

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Also for instance I know of a smaller lfs here who get his from a local breeder whom u know. So I know he only pays $2 each n marks em at $14.99. If I were you and ur looking at getting a group tell them you can get 15 of the for $XXX so you would like to know if they can work with you on the price. Worst they can say is no. If they say no id order online n save alot of money.

I have done this and they all have at least worked w me somewhat up here. Even got my eheim 2075 pro 3 for $239 rather than the $299 it was marked at n that was a bigger chain store too.

Good luck!

·
Registered
623 Posts
The lfs sells them for 19.99 for 2 inch. Bad price, the wholesaler who supplies them sell them for $2 if it's on special and $3 for regular price. Considering dems need large groups I would not purchase an aggressive juvi fish for $26. If there's no close wholesaler I would find a local breeder.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Probably a regional supply and demand thing. The store I was at this weekend had a bunch of them for $6-$7 each.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts