Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I called my LFS to see when my African Cichlids are suppose to be in, should have been last week but the **** snow storm delayed it and he said he was having trouble getting my catfish so i told him not to worry about it and order the rest and that i would track one down myself. I found one at another LFS and am planning to go get it here in the next couple of days but i need to know if you guys think i should continue to add a little bit of extra ammonia to the tank with him in there to prevent a die back of the BB. Right now i add 4ml of pure ammonia to my 55g tank every night and its processed out within 24 hours (thats about 3.5ppm in 24 hours), I dont want to add the catfish and it not make enough ammonia to feed the BB and cause a die back and in like a week add the other 18 fish and send the tank into a mini-cycle. Should i just wait to add the catfish till after i get the other fish??? or can i add like 1-2ml per night with the catfish to keep everything going???

·
Registered
656 Posts
I don't think the BB die off that quick, my tank was fishless for a week after giving away my fish, before I restocked it. I only saw 1 slight rise in ammonia ( 0.5 ppm ) there might be someone more qualified to answer your question in the dr. tims threads

1 - 3 of 3 Posts