Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of this is my first post here and would like to thank everyone the massive amount of awesome information I have found on here. I have recently setup my 1st tank about 4 months ago and stocked it with a common Pleco, 1 Demansi, 2 Venestus's, 3 catfish, an Ocsar that was given to me, 2 Green Spotted Puffers, and a Auratus. The tanks is 55 gallon, with silica sand and have made my very first rock formation out of slate. Im running a aquatech HOB 30-60 filter along with a Magnum 350 canister.

So with that out of the way my question is, I have went and bought these two blue led light kits intended to be used on a car. I am looking for a way to power them off 120v AC. I have an old cellphone charger here that has an output of 5v dc and was curious if anyone knew if I could just wire the light to that? Any other idea would be greatly appreciated. And once again thanks such a plether of outstanding info on these little guys since I see this turning into a passion more than a hobby.

Thanks Benjammin :dancing:

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just a follow up on what I did. I was thinking that since I needed 12v dc to power these lights, I was digging around and remembered that I had an old power supply for a wireless router. I do work on PC's and some other electronics so have lots of cords laying around (why i keep them I dont know, but glad I did now) and remember that most wireless routers need a full 12v DC so I looked and sure enough yup it was the a full 12v output. So just cut and soldered the wires and to the LEDs and Ta Da. Just thought I would post this for other ppl facing the same problem i was having.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts