Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should I add a Powerhead or Flow Accelerator to my 75 gallon African Cichlid tank? Which is the best? What are the benefits?
thanks,
John

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DJRansome said:
I don't use them. Does your filter provide enough circulation?
It's a peguin 300 filter of course there is lots of movement on that side of the tank. On the other side when I put food in, it moves slowly.Is that enough circulation?

·
Registered
767 Posts
We use powerhead/circulation pumps in our tanks. It helps keep the fish waste up in the water column allowing the filters to pick it up easier. We use them to create a lot of surface agitation. Also seems the fish enjoy the extra current as they like to play in it. Our 75 gal tank has a fx6 and XStream-E Wave Pump. We've been trying the gyre pumps and really like them more so than the standard style circulation pumps. The constant speed setting are what we use.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BlueSunshine said:
We use powerhead/circulation pumps in our tanks. It helps keep the fish waste up in the water column allowing the filters to pick it up easier. We use them to create a lot of surface agitation. Also seems the fish enjoy the extra current as they like to play in it. Our 75 gal tank has a fx6 and XStream-E Wave Pump. We've been trying the gyre pumps and really like them more so than the standard style circulation pumps. The constant speed setting are what we use.
Got a circulation pump today. The fish love it !!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts