Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Altolamps are one of my favorite types of fish and definitely my favorite tang. Here is a pic of my 3" black calvus. I can't wait until he is full grown (as well as the 3 others I have). I'd be interested to see other peoples "prize altolamps."

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
My wild caught male gold head, just under 5"

If I could ever get him out of the community tank, I have three wild caught females waiting to meet him!

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Furcifer158 said:
How do i post a pic? got a great looking Fire Fin to show off
It's pretty easy. you have to have the picture on a public website somewhere. If you don't already get a photobucket account. Then you use the "image tag" and its
. Like in Tropheus's post above, I just took the url he posted and put it between the image tags.

Charlutz that is an awesome goldhead btw! Da mn I love altos! :thumb:

·
Registered
254 Posts
Furcifer158 said:
http://s259.photobucket.com/albums/hh290/furcifer158/?action=view&current=mee.jpg
Ok still confused on how to do it.
Usually to the right or under the picture it will give you link choices. For this forum copy "IMG Code" and paste it here like so. And here is your nice looking fish.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
im thinking of getting some calvus again, lets see which calvus/comp looks best :)

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
i was SO TEMPTED to buy a black calvus today.
they were pretty big for 10$.
but i went and bought the gracilis..
maybe next month

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
I have a trio of goldhead comps. The two females don't get along real well, but they each have a shell on the opposite sides of the tank, so they don't interact much.They are just about 2.5in with the male at just about 3in and are starting to breed.

my male-he has recently gotten very dark and the gold face is much more evident.

his favorite female

and his backup girfriend (tattered fins) being picked on by the dominant female

·
Registered
427 Posts
my lil guys/gals

1 - 20 of 81 Posts