Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, first post here and first time joining a cichlid forum.

Some great help here and looking to ask a question. I came across what I believe is a holding demasoni female. She has a bulge under her jaw and it looks dark in colour. She hides in the corner and colour is lighter than normal. I have 2 other dems and 5 labs.

I put holding female in a mesh breeding net enclosure inside the same tank. Today I found here swimming sideways. She tried eating a pellet and nearly choked, poor girl

·
Registered
538 Posts
Video would help. Is she actually SWIMMING sideways, or is she just hanging out sideways? If there are not enough hiding places in the tank for her to feel comfortable, they will often hang out sideways/upside down/whatever odd ball angle trying to "hide" wherever they can - corners, behind or next to filter intakes or heaters, etc. If that is what she's doing, the concern would be having adequate hiding spaces for your fish. If she's actually swimming sideways, that's a whole different issue.

Side note - a group of only 3 demasoni will not likely do well long term.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.