Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an ahli that has an injury near his eye. lately his eye has started to bulge slightly and is cloudy.
is this pop eye? from being injured?
what else could it be that clouds some and begins to bulge? i have him in a 10 gallon now being treated with maracyn two. is there a better treatment i can use. please help, i want him to be okay.

·
Registered
7,008 Posts
Well you've done the right thing thus far, removed him and treated him. Just be sure to keep the water conditions perfect. If you notice the eye or the injury getting worse then you should try treating with a combination of Maracyn and Maracyn-two, or Kanamycin.

How is the fish today?

Robin

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well, it has been 5 days. for the first three days, i treated with maracyn two and he did not get better or worse.
on the end of day three, i did a good water change and started him on a differant medicine. this is only the start of day 5 but as of now, he looks better.

the bulge was only slight to start, so it may have never been pop eye. it could be that the clear eye covering was cloudy and that makes it look bigger than the other.

i was reading a few places that said to use something stronger with tetracycline. and also had a person tell me to try api tetracycline. i am using that now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts