Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as previously posted i purchased an established set up last week and its been up and running in my home for a week now but over the last few days firstly i noticed my Socolofi was looking a little bloated, now she has Bulging eyes and is not eating any ideas??? I cleaned the filter for the first time yday as i wanted to keep as much bacteria in it as possible from the move and i also did a 20% Water change at the same time should i be doing more? the rest of the fish seem totally fine have even seen 1 of the tiny babies today at feeding time :) thanks

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
Post water parameters, ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, GH, KH and temp.
You cleaned the filter in tank water? I'm assuming you used a dechlorinator with your water change? Likely not related, just checking. What food(s) do you use and how often do you feed?
If you don't have another tank to quarantine the socolofi, dose the main tank with epsom salt, 1 tablespoon per 5 gallons, premixed and added gradually over 5-6 hours.
It sounds like bloat or other internal obstruction of some sort, hopefully the salt with loosen things up, however it sounds somewhat advanced at this point. Post after 24 hours whether there's been any improvement.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts