Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Close to red shoulder or electric blue, always very timid in nature.
Sadly had to scale down to 75g from 180g due to a move.
Could it be Tropheus or S/C American? Can it stay with mixed peacocks and haps?

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Electric Blue Acara.
An aquarium strain developed from the common Blue Acara (possibly Andinoacara pulcher, which originates from South America). Or possibly Central American (Panama or Costa Rica) as aquarium strain Blue Acara could possibly be Andinoacara coeruleopuncatatus or mixes of various Blue Acara types.
Anyways, the fish is likely too timid to do well with aggressive Malawi.

·
Registered
9,070 Posts
yes, some unnatural tank strain Acara, not very good with Malawis. Almost thought Dubosi at first glance since you typed Tropheus, lol.

nice Clown Loaches, you should get them a couple little friends, they love being in a group

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you so much, really appreciate.

So sorry, I was really hoping for Tropheus. However, he is staying in Malawi tank for a while, from where I got him (from CL).
Never realized that people also break the border for non-humans (from 2 different continents : Africa with America) :lol: . In that case I need a new tank :-?

About Loaches, very good suggestion. I was thinking about it, but was not sure if the new ones will be stressed out or not.
They are almost 7 yrs old as far as I remember. I had 5 to start with. 3 of them died earlier this year, these two were the smallest, now grown like the other 3. Let's see how soon they get friends. Good excuse to go to local fish store :D

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
sus said:
Thank you so much, really appreciate.

So sorry, I was really hoping for Tropheus. However, he is staying in Malawi tank for a while, from where I got him (from CL).
Never realized that people also break the border for non-humans (from 2 different continents : Africa with America) :lol: . In that case I need a new tank :-?

About Loaches, very good suggestion. I was thinking about it, but was not sure if the new ones will be stressed out or not.
They are almost 7 yrs old as far as I remember. I had 5 to start with. 3 of them died earlier this year, these two were the smallest, now grown like the other 3. Let's see how soon they get friends. Good excuse to go to local fish store :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts